In case you have stumbled here looking for step by step guidance, here you go:
GETTING TO BWI USING DC METRO:
- Check the B30 Bus Schedule [PDF] ahead of time.
- Take Metro to Greenbelt station, which is at end of the Green Line.
- Look for the B30 Bus when you get off at Greenbelt, the stop will be outside in the parking lot. It costs $3.00 with a SmartTrip, or $3.10 with cash (don’t ask).
- The B30 is an express bus that will take you right to BWI Airport. The bus ride takes around 35 minutes or so, but depends on traffic.
GET TO DC METRO FROM BWI
- The hardest part for me was finding the public transportation bus stop. There will be about 500 bus stops for shuttles to take you to the parking garage, but you have to keep following signs to “Public Transit” or “Regional Bus” in order to find the B30 Bus stop. It is on the lower level outside baggage claim, but depending on which baggage claim you get out at, you may have to walk for 5-10 minutes to get there.
- Once you actually find the bus stop (B30 will be posted on the wall), take a sigh of relief. The hardest part is over. They have the bus schedule posted on the inside of one of the bus shelters. The B30 will take you directly to Greenbelt, just make sure you are getting on the B30.
BWI’s Official(ly Lacking) Instructions are here.
I will try to get some pictures to aid your voyage soon. Check back.
Show Comments (16)